Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Week 7/7-7/13

Monday: 2nd & 1st

 3.3 miles -> 1,729 ft

up the 2nd and 1st. Legs were super slow on the rock. Decided to take it short and easy. I really like how freeway transitions almost right into bakers way with little dirt in-between.

Tuesday: rest

Wednesday: Reg->RA->5th->Fist- Green Mtn (16)

6.8 mile -> 2,766 ft

Thought I might have to bail on my planned outing due to some flurries overnight and a slight chance of wet rock but this was not the case. Decided to linkup the regency, royal arch, 5th, fist, and finish with a summit. Wanted to hit this linkup in a fast style unlike the previous Saturday. (where I was learning the routes). Everything went extremely smooth and I already feel pretty dialed in on these routes. Highlight was easily the hand crack on the fist. Super solid jams all the way up. Mutants jam perfectly in the crack and really make it quite easy. Down climb off the fist really isn't that bad. I think the crux is a move or two above the move where you stem over to the boulder and hop down. (just a couple small crimps). Then I power hiked to the summit of Green. Ran all the downhill and Pr'd. I can easily improve upon this time, top few sections were icy and slowed me down. Legs are coming back. All in time to be back for my 10am class

Thursday: Rest

Friday:

AM: Direct Launch! (1st Flattie)
3.6 Miles-> 2,051

Finally conquered the full east face of the 1st from the bottom of the direct start! (29:13.--will be easy to shave this down after I dial it in) Hit a quick lap on the 2nd and then ran down to the base of the 1st. Had to stop my watch and suss it out. Stepped in what appeared to be dry spot that turned out to be a puddle of mud. The next few minuets were spent drying the rubber out by wiping them on my socks. Scoped out the little flake that Anton uses in the winter. For some reason this was trivial for me and i went back down and hopped over underneath the first bolt to the big protruding pebble and went up the gully. Solid all the way to the tree. I would say the 2nd and 3rd pitches were more trivial for me. I don't think I took the line of least resistance. After the headwall it was smooth sailing. Finished off by running down the amphitheater. Was going to hit t-zero but I didn't feel like stopping. Great day! Weather was perfect. Shoes and shorts. All you need.

PM: Evening lap of the 1st
2.9 miles -> 1,509 ft

quick evening lap on the 1st. (16:05 ascent- 2:25 down climb). Shaved off almost 15mins from my time this morning. Pretty stoked that my second lap ever went this well. Time for pizza.

Saturday: rest

Sunday: 1st Flatiron + Green Mtn (17) -> T-zero/ East Bench

5 miles -> 2,667 ft

17-18mins/2:24 (forgot to hit the split at the base of east face). This is going to be the new route I focus on. 1st + Green and down either Saddle rock or the ranger trail depending on how fast I want to go or how techy I want the downhill to be. (minus the scrambling in the amphitheater on most occasions when I'm trying to go fast.) This is the steepest route to green especially when you throw in the 1st. The first pitch is really not that bad for me anymore, still dialing it in and remembering all the holds. Once I get to the junction knob its all a fast scramble and even a few trots on the false summits and in-between. Felt like I was going super slow on the social trail but glad to see I pr'd. After I hit green I ran down to the amphitheater. Quick lap up T-zero, highball boulder problem and then linked up to the east bench. Sorta sussed out the south east face of the first pinnacle, but looks a little sandbagged (only 5.3 or 4). More vertical than your average east face flatiron route. Great outing.



Total: 21.7 miles -> 10,722 ft -> 5h 43 mins






No comments:

Post a Comment