Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 3/14-3/20

Monday: 1st Flatiron + Green Mtn (18)

4.8 Miles -> 2,687 ft

18:19/2:56) Legs were super tired, which meant slow going on the rock. I wanted to get out before the wind and weather hit. One of first real back to back days on the hill since my injury. Other than the legs, felt great all morning. Very calm on top of Green.


Tuesday: Rest

Wednesday: Flatiron + Green Mtn (19)

6.1 Miles -> 2,822 ft

PR'd on the face (15:29/2:29). Legs were feeling rested and I was ready to push it. Feeling super fast on the downhills but can easily go faster as the ice up top was causing me to be cautious and slow. Starting snowing on the summit! Great afternoon up on the hill.

Thursday: Rest

Friday:  Good Ol' Green Slog (20)

8.2 Miles -> 2,841 ft

Trailblazing all the way to the top of Green via the amphitheater. Quite the slog though, really deep in some spots and basically was forced to hike. Crazy how much harder it makes the climbs. Wanted to get some miles in so I ran down Flagstaff. I love snow days. Headed to Austin for 6 days tomorrow. Going to not get injured this time but work on some speed stuff and find the biggest hills I can climb.

Saturday: Rest. Traveled to Austin, Texas


Sunday: Town Lake 

4.6 miles -> 6:40 pace

Ending a good week of miles. Testing my speed on some short miles. Never pushed, mountains have been doing me well. Excited to see where I will be in a couple of months. So much dirt so close to downtown. Perfect weather in Austin like always. Finished the morning off with an obligatory taco deli stop.



Total: 23.9 miles - 5h 8mins - 8,507 ft

I think I am making good progress back from my injury. (yes I wish I was busting out 20+ mile outings and conquering up Longs peaks and other 14ers but that will come with time). Excited to be in Austin for a couple days before heading back to boulder to seek out the slush. Going to give me some time to test my legs on some faster terrain. Picked up a pair of La Sportiva Akashas to really give me that go to shoe for trail/road outings. Pretty influenced from Anton's comments on them, looks like the rubber would work well on the fatties (don't think they will be as good as the mutants for scrambling, but still will work). Looking forward to spring and summer, about to buy some KTS crampons to add to the quiver. I just don't think microspikes will cut it on early spring ascents. 






No comments:

Post a Comment